I have long been interested in the big picture of life and its events. I often ask myself: What is the point? Why am I doing this? What exactly is going on here?
While teaching a college course about issues in consumer economics, I couldn’t confine my curriculum to simply talking about the technicalities of money management and buymanship. It seemed obvious to me that how we think is the driver of the choices we make, and that conscious choices serve us better than mindless ones. So that became my underlying theme as I discussed the practicalities of navigating the consumer culture.
I wrote a book called Conscious Spending, Conscious Life, so it shouldn’t be surprising that I see this pandemic—an event which is affecting everyone on the planet—as part of our human journey of consciousness.
And I’ve been doing energy work for years, learning various methods for clearing my energetic clutter as the practices of energy medicine and psychology have evolved. So dealing with the unseen is familiar to me.
In the blink of an eye…
Here’s what I know to be true in the realm of energy:
- We are all connected. See psychiatrist Carl Jung and the collective unconscious, physicist Fritjof Capra and The Web of Life, biologist Rupert Sheldrake and research on telepathy, journalist Lynne McTaggart’s Intention Experiments.
- Things can happen in the blink of an eye. Witness the world-wide spread of a new coronavirus, COVID-19.
- There is an air of mystery. A virus is frustratingly intangible to our usual senses.
We are being invited…
This crisis is inviting us to transform—our selves, and therefore our world. We have been propelled into a situation we can’t back out of. The only way out is to navigate through. And that navigation depends on engaging our consciousness in ways we wouldn’t have if we’d continued on our old familiar paths.
Caroline Myss is a five-time New York Times bestselling author and internationally renowned speaker in the fields of human consciousness, spirituality and mysticism, health, energy medicine, and the science of medical intuition. All of these areas come together in her big-picture view of what this pandemic is calling forth in us, individually and collectively. She says: “We’re going to evolve out of this. It’s a journey of consciousness—together we have the chance to create a better world.”
Key thoughts from Caroline Myss…
This experience that we are sharing has the elements of the larger context of mystical transformation.
- First, the nature of a sacred journey is that we never get to decide when it’s going to start, how it’s going to start, or what will be asked of us. We never get to make that decision – it simply ignites.
- The second thing is we never get to choose the components – they just arise out of the setting of our lives.
- Third, transformation accompanies some kind of trauma. There is something that has to be changed.
- What is it within myself that I need to transform?
- What is the person I need to be as I go forward for the rest my life?
- Is there a part of me that instead of being a hoarder, could I be more generous?
- Instead of being impatient, can I be a better listener?
- Instead of wanting to be first, can I embrace being second?
What is it in you that needs transformation? Because there’s something in all of us that needs transformation. Otherwise we wouldn’t need to be here now.